YSEL 2014

YSEL 2014

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Making New Friends



  When I came to this YSEL camp, I was alone, I knew no one on the bus. I met a girl who is a camper herself in this camp.  We were talking and she introduced me to her friends who are all from Harar. After we got to the camp and ate lunch, we all started to get to know each other.  After one day we all became friends and got used to each other.  In my room there are five campers.  In total we are six.  We are the only room with six students in it and we are happy that there are many people to talk to.  The best thing I love about my room is that I have a new friend.  We don't know each other a lot but we have become very close right now.  We do most things together here at camp.  It's good to get used to a new person who is not form the same city as me.  I come form Addis Ababa and she comes from Harar.  We just become best friends in one week.  She is amazing.

Eskedar Tilahun, Addis Ababa

To my dearest roommate Sumeya,
  I feel like it's been years since I first saw you, even if it's only for a day that we spend apart.  I had many things going on at this camp away form you.  How I wished for us to be in one class at least once.  When I first came to this camp, my whole world turned upside down thinking I was going to meet the worst roommate ever, but as I got to know you, as we talked about our lives in our town, I felt like we had a lot in common, that was what I looked for.  Every time we get up from bed and go to the dining hall, I always feel sad thinking that we will go our separate ways again.  How I looked forward to sleeping time while I had to spend the day without you.  I had to get to know new people thinking that I would forget you.  Every time we were in home room, I felt like writing about you in my journal. 
  I am thankful to the YSEL program for selecting me and letitng me experience one of the best moments of my life.  Also for introducing me to a new best friend in my 17th year of life.  I hope our friendship continues.
Lydia Wolday, Makele, Tigray




No comments:

Post a Comment