YSEL 2014

YSEL 2014

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Week Three Trip Review




My 3rd weekend 
The weekend was the most exciting and fun at the same time emotional time. On Saturday we went to the Genesis farm in Debre Zeyit   and I personally learned a lot about it. The Genesis farm was the first farm I saw. It was very large and great farm. I like the way the products are produced in a large scale and all are organic. After the Genesis Farm, we went to a big youth cente. The place was very beautiful and fun. Some of my friends were swimming and some of them playing pool and table tennis. I enjoyed being there because I saw my new brothers and sisters having fun. Everyone was happy. After the youth center we came back to our camp and ate our lunch. That was the time we were preparing to go to the most exciting place we were dying to see the whole past week. We went to an orphanage and got the golden chance to see 25 children from Debre Zeyit. The children were very beautiful friendly and lovely. Had fun with them and it was very emotional to see them smile because we were there and helped them. The children reminded me of the kids I used to teach and feed before I came to this camp. My kids were almost 200 in number. We have 16 teachers and I was the coordinator. Sometimes I teach math and Amharic. They are from grade one to four. I can only get to feed 50 of them at first and tried to feed 100 of them because getting funding was the hardest thing to do. I have to get funding for the feeding program and stationary materials for all of them. I was successful in funding there materials but feeding only 100 of them. I felt selfish to leave them and come to this camp at the same time very motivated. I was crying thinking of them and thinking that there are many children who have nothing for their school and food hurts me very much. And sure brings motivation in my heart. The weekend continued to Sunday morning after subject class, we got the chance to meet Hallelujah and Eden, the alumni of US embassy’s YALI program and talked about different things. I had had a wonderful time this weekend.   
Lelisse Tesfaye, Addis Ababa


















1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more posts by you!
    Tour To Ethiopia

    ReplyDelete