YSEL 2014

YSEL 2014

Thursday 25 July 2013

An Afternoon At The Lakes


  Debre Zeyit is known for its 7 lakes, 5 of them formed from ancient volcanic craters.  People flock from all over the country to spend a relaxing weekend at the lakes.  Yesterday, YSEL students toured the 4 main lakes and had a chance to relax and have some fun by the famous lakes of Debre Zeyit.  They boated, they swam, and enjoyed being together in the lovely natural settings.  For many this was the first time they have seen these lakes and they were very impressed.  It was also a chance for students to spend time outside of the classroom getting to know each other better in a relaxed setting.  As two of the boats rowing students went out to the middle of Babugaia lake, one could hear form the shore the “Boom Chicka Boom” going back and forth between the boats and students laughing, having a great time. 
 
What did our students think??

 I’m very glad because I visited the lakes of Debre Zeyit; Bishoftu, Hora, Chelekleka, and Babugaya.  It was my first to see these lakes.  I went swimming in Babugaya lake and enjoyed it very much. 
  Duol Ker Doyiech, Gambela Region

  The lake views were really nice, they are surrounded by mountains and forests, and there are resorts where can people can visit and relax.  I am form Bahir Dar where we have a big lake, Lake Tana, but this was the first time I went on a boat on a lake.  I enjoyed taking pictures with my friends and teachers at the lakes. It was a very unforgettable day.
  Hanna Andargie, Amhara Region

   The lake visit was a nice journey.  At Hora lake I saw a castle of Haile Selassie.  There were very big trees and mountains surrounding the lake.    It was a very nice day for me, it was the first time I got to see the lakes of Debre Zeyit after hearing about them from many people.
  Gnajouk John Gach, Gambela Region

  I liked the nature that is found in Debre Zeyit.  It was unbelievable that felt like heaven.  I saw four lakes, one is seasonal but the others are there all the time.  At Hora Lake I went on a boat and put my hands in the water.  The water was very warm, but at the middle it was cold.  I saw Halie Selassie’s castle on Hora Lake too which was very interesting.  Also there are many kinds of birds that I have ever seen before.

Redeat Moges, Addis Ababa

No comments:

Post a Comment