YSEL 2014

YSEL 2014

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Camp Thoughts from Gnajuok John

Gnajuok (Lil' Juok) John is one of our campers from Gambela region.  She took some time out from her busy camp schedule to give her impressions about things at camp as we enter our final week.

For me YSEL camp is very good because at first it teaches me how to communicate with other people.  This camp teaches us how to live with different people and be responsible for ourselves.  Like in the dining hall, I learned to clean up after myself.  I also learn different ways how to live with other people.  I’ve improved my English, reading and writing skills.  After camp I will continue with my reading and I will teach other people in my region.  I need to pass on my experience to other students.
  One of my new friends here is Hoden.  She is from Jijiga.  We have shared many ideas here and she has helped me a lot speaking English and helping me improve.  Because of her, my English has improved.  She checks my homework to make sure my work is correct.  She also helps me with pronunciation.
  My roommate is Senait. She is a very good roommate.  She is active in our camp. In the morning she wakes me up and makes sure we are on time for breakfast. She has taught me a lot about punctuality.

  The teachers are very active and I have learned a lot from them. If they are not active, I will not learn much.  Lastly, I want to thank all my teachers, especially for the “Speak English Only” rule. Because of that rule here at camp, my English has improved tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment